The Gambling Authority is an institution set up as a body corporate through the Gambling Act, passed by Parliament of Botswana in September 2012. The Authority is guided by a Board of Directors drawn from both the Private and Public Sector, and headed by the Chief Executive Officer.
The Act is to regulate gambling in Botswana; to establish the Gambling Authority; and to provide for all matters incidental thereto.
The Act may be cited as the Gambling Act, 2012
Prior to the Gambling Act, was the following:
– The Lotteries and Betting Act
– The Casino Control Act
The regulator was known as the Casino Control Board and it worked with a Secretariat housed in the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI), renamed the Ministry of Investment Trade and Industry (MITI)
The response and requirements should be in the following format:
Responses must consist of the following mandatory parts (in their order):
– Form of Response
– Statement of Capability
– Statement of commitment.
– Certified copy of the Value Added Tax (VAT) Registration
– Certified copy of a valid Tax Clearance certificate
– audited financial statement for previous 5years
– Written references from clients (at least three).
– Form 2 (List of directors and shareholders of the company, and their nationality).
– Proof of registration with Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Board (PPADB) on Code 127 (Insurance & Pension) sub code 06 (Brokerage Services).
– Non-Banking Financial Regulatory Authority (NBFIRA) requirements for Insurance.
– This tender is reserved for Botswana Registered Companies. Preference will be given to Economic Diversification Drive (EDD) registered companies as per Presidential Directive CAB 34(B)/2014 on Procurement of Locally Manufactured Goods & Services.